Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Que?

I know this applies for a lot of areas in U.S.A. Can't really speak for the rest of the world, as I'm not aware of whether this is true or not elsewhere. But here goes.

Now, I notice one thing when I'm either walking around town, riding my bike, or on the road in the car. The signs...
As I'm sure most people might be aware of this. The US is mostly (or was) an English speaking country. I have no problems with people speaking their own foriegn languages. But, there's a point where it's too much.

Again, the signs. Usually, in English. But then you have some that are completely in Spanish, but shown as if though everyone's supposed to read it. So, what my guess, or what I know is, that all people are supposed to learn spanish, just because we have spanish citizens as well.

Now, I have no problem with them in the least. BUT COME ON, MAN.
If I had to move to say, Franch or something, I wouldn't expect everyone there to learn my language. I'd be a good person, not being lazy, and actually learn the god damn french language.

Same applies here. As racist as the phrase may seem, and as much of an anti-racist slag as I am, it has to be said;
"Welcome to America, now speak english!"


//-Sinnesraub - Lover of corn-beef.

No comments: